I don’t know about you, but I like to put a face to a name. Before I pick up the phone and speak to someone I am likely to check out their website to see if they have a profile. So I always encourage PracticeWEB clients to think about including them on their site.
Staff profiles are a great way to establish credibility and show off individual expertise – both of which are important in helping your firm stand out in an crowded accountancy and IFA marketplace.
Setting up and editing profiles on your PracticeWEB site is easy, we’ve put together a short video of how to do it here: –
The technical bit of profiles might be easy but putting the content together can be more of a challenge so here are some pointers to get you started: –
- Don’t mix third and first person – choose one and stick to it!
- Include pictures – a professional headshot makes it much more personable.
- Ban the Jargon – anything too technical could be off putting.
- Get social – consider linking to any social networks which might be appropriate like Twitter or LinkedIn.
- Shout about your skills and achievements – but not too loudly, this is a tricky balance so a few drafts and a second opinion may be needed
- Proofread – sounds obvious but a spelling mistake may distract from the point you are making! Here are our proofreading tips