CareersThe PracticeWeb work culture
We work in partnership with ambitious accountancy firms throughout the UK, delivering insight, strategies, websites and digital marketing campaigns that produce excellent results.
PracticeWeb was set up in 1999 with a mission to help small to medium-sized firms in the UK to grow.
The team is made up of a talented and diverse bunch of dazzling developers, detail-obsessed editors, inspirational graphic designers, SEO veterans, perfectionist planners and project managers.
Our expertise and skill delivers the best service for our clients.
We work together in a collaborative environment where you will be listened to as a valued member of the team.
We have a great office culture and you’ll get the opportunity to work with people like this.
Just some of the benefits you get working at PracticeWeb
25 days leave
Health cash plan
Day off for your birthday
Vacancy: Creative editor
Job Title: Creative editor
Job Function: Editorial
Location: Bristol (working from home during restrictions)
Hours: Full time
Salary: £26,000 – £28,000 per annum
PracticeWeb works in partnership with ambitious accountancy firms across the UK to deliver insight, strategies, websites and digital marketing campaigns that produce excellent results.
Our values are:
- Focus on the client.
- Value your craft.
- Believe it’s possible.
- Embrace change.
- Make an impact.
- Focus on results
- Thrive together.
You’ll be joining a team of smart people who are fun to be around, who collaborate and support each other and get excited about delivering great results.
The creative editor will work with accountancy firms to define unique tones of voice, supporting delivery of content strategy workshops, producing content for client websites (copywriting) and writing engaging, on-brand client blog posts.
Working closely with designers and the commercial team to generate and iterate creative concepts, the creative editor will also manage the development of social media strategy and delivery of social content for select clients.
As Creative editor you’ll be responsible for:
- Content production and management of blog posts, content, eBooks, white papers as well as presenting videos and running webinars
- Collaborating with clients to generate content ideas and social media strategies
- Copywriting for client websites
- Production of tone of voice guides and copywriting toolkits
- Writing SEO copy with the SEO manager
- Supporting the design and production teams with feedback on design, structure and creative concepts
- Supporting the head of content with workshops, ideas and production of creative outputs
- Delivery of workshops and consultation calls
- Supporting the commercial team with creative input during client pitches
What you’ll need to succeed
- Precise, confident writing, editing and proofreading
- Copywriting – creative copy, tightly constructed, from headings to buttons to block text
- Creative conceptualising, mindmapping, brainstorming and iteration
- Workshop facilitation, working with clients, building rapport and eliciting information
- Knowledge of content management systems and blogging platforms
Additional helpful qualities, skills and experience
- Experience of using MS Office, G Suite, Canva, Adobe Spark, Vimeo, YouTube
- Basic ability with Photoshop, Affinity Photo, GIMP or similar image editing software
- Experience of using social media platforms including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram
- Salary of £26,000 – £28,000 depending on experience
- Flexible working schedule, 37.5 hours per week
- Ability to buy and sell holiday days
- Smart-casual dress
- Your birthday off
- In the office, breakfast is on us – bread, spreads and fresh fruit
Sift is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Our offices will remain closed during any period of lockdown.
Once restrictions are lifted, a limited number of desks are available in the office with COVID-19 restrictions in place via a booking system.
Sift will review future remote working combined with time in the office as and when it is possible to do so.